Thursday, February 09, 2006

The honeycomb is for good luck.

I'm currently knitting Christian an Aran sweater in a pattern I designed. Well, I didn't design the actual sweater pattern, Vogue did that, but I did design the center panel.

I'm a moron:

While cabling isn't difficult, good God almighty is it time-consuming. I'm further along with it now than in this picture, but I'm scared of armhole shaping so I'm taking a break while I learn some music I have to sing this weekend.

It's turning out beautifully, however. I taught myself how to correct cabling mistakes several rows later. It's fancy.

After a long, happy and fulfilling life and when it's time for his final journey, Christian will be buried in this sweater.

9 comments:

Christian said...

I'll be buried in this for my final journey? When did we decide this? Is there something you're not telling me? When exactly does my train leave the station for this journey? And why have you brought up getting life insurance recently?

Christian said...

The best part of this pattern is that the middle "honeycomb" pattern has not-insubstantial speed holes in the middle of each 'comb. So it's like a Nike dri-fit performance sweater, in case I decide to go running in it, or some other X-stream activity.

snusnu said...

Yes, that's exactly why I chose the honeycomb pattern.

And didn't I tell you? I've picked out our plots and everything.

AAM said...

Have you considered cremation? or perhaps being made into a diamond? or shot into space? Or becoming part of a coral reef? You cant do any of these things with your sweater on, sorry.

ible said...

EXCUSE ME ! WHY ARE YOU PLANNING MY SONS' DEMISE ! HAVE YOU TOLD HIS MOTHER ? .

did he not come up to YOUR expectations !

YOU'D BETTER START KNITTING AN XXXL FOR ME CUZ YOUR NOT SENDING MY ( ONE AND ONLY ) SON ON ANY TRIP WITH OUT ME !

UNDERSTAND ! . . . ? . . . !

snusnu said...

Uh, did y'all see the part where I wrote about the long and fulfilling life?? Hello, if Christian dies before he's 110, I'll be so pissed that I'll drag his sorry ass back from the afterlife.

ible said...

ahhh, NOW I see your what you're up to ! It's ME isn't it ! When MySon is 110 I'll be 130.

Your plan is to drop me off at hells gate as you pull my son back to live in bliss for another 110 years.

My god girl , have you any idea what you'll look like as a 200 something . . . something ? .

snusnu said...

Droopy. I'll be very droopy.

ible said...

I knew what you meant from the very beginning. Maybe it's a girl thing. Anyway, the sweater is bee-yoo-ti-full! I am very proud of you.
Mille