Not having children opens up ones personal life to many inappropriate and prying questions, mostly from utter strangers and unbelievably nosy co-workers. I have gleaned some excellent responses to impertinent questions about our childlessness from an excellent thread about this same subject on my favorite Disney forum:
Question: Are you going to have children?
1. Alas! My womb is barren!
2. How do you make a baby? We haven't figured that out yet.
3. I was bathed in acid rain as a toddler, so I'm sterile.
4. Why? So I can share in your misery?
5. There are much better ways to contribute to humanity then simply by adding to it.
6. I like to visit elephants at the zoo, but don't want one in my living room.
7. Are you asking if I'm having sex with my husband?
And my personal favorite:
8. I do have a child! He's right h....oh my God! Where's the baby!