Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Oh brother, my brother...

you are wrong. I'm sorry, Mark, but there it is. Clementines are not better than Satsumas. Why, you ask? With Clementines, the pith, it does not peel off easily in long, satisfying, easily discardable strips as it does with Satsumas. And Clementines are oddly firm, as though they're Satsumas that have had Botox or really like to work out. And yes, they're seedless and the rind is easy to peel, but I still end up with a ball of pith cud clenched in my molars after eating a slice. And, while I know the pith has all the vitamin C, I still do not enjoy the fibrous stringiness.

I miss my fruits de saison.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

I totally agree! And what's worse is a Clemenvilla. They are a beautful. Their healthy (looking) flawless bright orange sunny skins sucker you into buying them. I just noticed them this year. They peel nicely but it's like eating strips of dry skin off the bottom of your foot.

shellswick said...

The mandarin is by far superior to both. By. Far.