Monday, August 23, 2010

Laying the foundation for my dreams.

It has begun!  Years of wishing, months of planning, it all came to noisy, filthy fruition this morning.  The excavation has begun, the mudroom...




















...is gone!
  



















The hole is almost dug for the foundation for the addition and the bees infesting the foundation have almost given up the fight.  














The wood from the house and all of the concrete will be cleared away by tomorrow, and the foundation will be poured before we go to Panama.  I'm not quite sure how we're going to get into the hole to access the basement to do laundry, but Christian will enjoy the challenge.  He'll probably practice high jumping.

Speaking of Christian, honey, here's a picture of the concrete piled on the lawn:














My dreams, they might come true.  I'm still expecting something to go horribly awry, but for now, I'm hopeful.

3 comments:

Christian said...

Is it too late to change my mind?

This will all end in tears.

Srsly, omg.

Tina Blewett said...

YAH!!!! How did they get the heavy equipment back there? How exciting!!!

Christian said...

THey just went through the neighbor's fence. haha God I hope she doesn't sue us or something...